This power-packed program will teach you how to manage electronic records and conquer the paper pile-up. The Records Management Online Training Program will give you an introduction to the profession of records and information management. It focuses on establishing and managing successful organization-wide records management programs.
- Understand the business and legal benefits of establishing a records retention program.
- Explain how to conduct and document legal research on federal, state, and local records retention requirements.
- Establish guidelines for developing vital records operating procedures.
- Identify the various types of coding systems.
- Recommend solutions for common filing problems and for safeguarding the security and confidentiality of records.
- Identify the reasons for careful selection of records housing equipment and describe the criteria and considerations in selecting equipment.
- Explain how to establish an effective forms analysis program.
- Identify the scope and functions of mail management programs.
- Outline policies and procedures for establishing a records disposal system for a records center.
- Describe the principles of conservation of archival materials to ensure their permanent preservation.
Materials included: Records Management, Eighth Edition, Study Guide, and Simulation
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: This program can be taken on either a Mac or a PC. Your computer will need to have an Internet connection and e-mail capabilities. Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 180 days to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.