Are you a part-time or accidental project manager? Some people choose project management as a career, and many others find project management just another part of your area of responsibilities. For you, project management is a skill set, not a career. If you've been assigned projects and need a quick jump start to get going, then this is the course for you.
You'll learn the 10 essential skills you need to survive and thrive. Throughout the course, you'll find examples of real projects and how each of these essential skills applies in the real world. Project management skills are essential life skills with many practical applications and all industries. Project management and leadership are consistently the top two skill sets current and future employers look for, so this is also essential for your professional development.
- Strategies to ensure your success as a part-time project manger.
- Define the three essential components of a project's scope.
- Identify all the project tasks and sequence them.
- Learn risk mitigation techniques.
- Create a communication plan.
- Organizing and delegating to manage your time.
- Learn about common project controls and identifying variances between the plan and performance.
- Create a transitioin plan.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer (9.0 of above) web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at email@example.com.