With accelerated schedules driving many technology projects today, the smart project manager must rapidly retool their skill set. This course offers a breakthrough model for dealing with the realities of managing projects at supersonic speeds. Learn to meet and win the challenges of truncated timelines, short-staffed project teams, skimpy budgets and crippling risks.
- Become knowledgeable about the four driving forces that influence the speed of your project.
- Learn to identify and use speed indicators when pushing the project to reach top speed.
- Learn the value of early risk identification and how to quickly and methodically search for various types of risk.
- Learn steps one through five on how to build a workable project plan for a fast-paced project.
- Learn to develop more of the tactical tools you need to carry out your overall project management strategy.
- Learn to focus on the seven main functions of project management that occur in the execution phase of your project.
- Learn to develop a process to control the scope, quality, risks, time, and costs factors of your project.
- Learn to identify and manage the tasks that must be completed in the important closeout phase.
Note: This course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), R.E.P. #3213. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating the number of hours of this course, which you can then record with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Please visit www.pmi.org to learn more about Project Management Institute (PMI®)'s credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
"This class was my fourth in the Project Management Certificate Program. It was my most favorite one of all. Things really came together in this class! The instructor gave great examples, stories, and very useful forms. I found myself excited while waiting for each lesson to come out each week. Thanks so much for the wonderful class!"
- T. Brooks, Suwanee, GA
This course is part of the Project Management Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.