In this course, an experienced Project Management Professional will teach you the same powerful tools and techniques that experienced project management professionals rely on every day. You'll increase the probability of project success by mastering the tricks of the trade: Earned Value Performance Measurement, Gantt Charts, Network Scheduling, Work Breakdown Structure, and Cost-Volume Analysis. You'll also become proficient at recruiting project team members and empowering them to succeed. You'll understand the stages of team development, and you'll gain skills in developing and motivating team leaders. You'll even learn about project software, statistics, change management, processes, and estimating. And you'll gain valuable experience with project planning, control and data analysis tools.
Prerequisite: Project Management Fundamentals (or equivalent experience)
- Discover the importance of estimating as an important project activity and learn how to use nine different estimating methods.
- Learn how to use earned value performance measurement to analyze and control your project's performance.
- Learn how to create a Gantt chart and discover the benefits and limitations of this project scheduling method.
- Learn how to effectively use project planning and control tools to manage cost, change, and keep your project on track.
- Discover how the use of statistics helps define problems and improve quality output for your project.
- Learn about change management, empowerment, work groups and the stages of team development as fundamental project management concepts.
- Understand the importance of key organizational concepts such as organization charts, organizational culture, motivation, and leadership.
Note: This course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), R.E.P. #3213. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating the number of hours of this course, which you can then record with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Please visit www.pmi.org to learn more about Project Management Institute (PMI®)'s credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
This course is part of the Project Management Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, completion of Project Management Fundamentals (or equivalent experience). Highly recommended, but not required: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (4th Edition) by the Project Management Institute.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.