Take control of your payroll with QuickBooks! This fun, hands-on course teaches you how to use the payroll feature in QuickBooks to create paychecks, pay tax liabilities, and generate dazzling reports with little effort. You'll go step-by-step through the process of setting up your payroll system, mastering skills including creating an entry for a new employee, tracking time and job cost data, generating required forms and reports, and accessing information on the Internal Revenue Service website. In addition, you'll save hours of time by learning troubleshooting tips and solutions for common problems and mistakes.
- Get ready for the payroll process by obtaining your employer identification number, finding out how to classify employees, and getting acquainted with payroll taxes.
- Set up default employee information, and enter employee personal, tax, sick time, and vacation time details.
- Organize your year-to-date salary and tax data, and enter it into QuickBooks.
- Create paychecks using a Payroll Schedule along with information entered on a time activity form. See how to review, correct, void, or delete a paycheck, and try printing paychecks and pay stubs.
- Discover how to create, edit, and print your company's quarterly and annual reports so that you can send them to the appropriate government agencies.
- Create and print Forms W-2 and W-3, which report your employees' annual earnings and tax withholding, and find out how to issue Forms 1099 for any independent contractors that you hire.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, QuickBooks Pro 2013, 2014, or 2015; QuickBooks Premier Edition 2013, 2014 or 2015 is acceptable. Software is not included in course fee. This course is not suitable for Macintosh users, nor for users of QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks SimpleStart. Please be aware that this course covers only United States payroll procedures.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.