Preparing successful grant proposals to receive funding from corporations or foundations requires careful research, meticulous preparation, and graceful writing. In this course, you’ll learn how to become fully familiar with the institution or project for which you are requesting support. You’ll get valuable guidance in preparing a background statement and a brief financial statement to support your request. You’ll also research some charitable foundation and corporate giving sources. Then, you'll learn how to put everything together so you can assemble, write, and submit complete grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and wealthy individuals for any number of your pet projects.
- Talk about mission statements and the elevator speech.
- Explore non-profit organizations and private foundations.
- Begin researching a foundation for your project.
- Locate foundation sources that will be productive for you.
- Discuss how corporate foundations are different from and similar to private foundations.
- Learn about your budget and financial documents.
- Assemble the final proposal and its elements.
- Research the process of making proposals to individuals.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.