Are you tired of being intimidated and treated badly by others? Discover how you lose power when you talk and how to gain it back. Find out the secrets to defusing anger and avoiding criticism. Gain the skills to be assertive with family members, friends, bosses, co-workers, professionals and clerks. It's your turn to speak out!
- Understand the difference between passive, aggressive and assertive attitudes, gestures and phrases.
- Identify the various ways non-assertive people lose power through their words by using tag questions, qualifiers, disclaimers, fillers and words of compassion.
- Understand the different emotional types of individuals and how each deals with other people and conflicts, how these different emotional types act in relationships, and how to deal with conflict assertively.
- Learn how to use assertiveness skills and techniques in dealing with friends, participating in social conversation, and dealing with social situations
- Learn how to be assertive in job interviews, be assertive with bosses, co-workers and subordinates, deal assertively with sexual harassment, and recognize whether a company encourages or discourages assertiveness
- Understand how to deal assertively with people as a consumer, such as waiters, salespeople, government employees and professionals, and how to be assertive in everyday situations
"I feel stronger and more confident because of the assertive skills I learned in this class. I would highly recommend it to others."
- B. Budnek, Acworth, GA
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.