Most jobs today require a working knowledge of certain computer skills. Employers seek and reward employees with the skills and knowledge to send messages across the country via e-mail; use a spreadsheet to create a graph and paste it into a report; add and edit data in a database; understand the implications of file sizes, memory limitations, and network arrangements; and recognize the function and features of modern computer components. Any job candidate who already possesses these skills will stand above those who do not.
- Maximize use of operating-system features to improve work performance.
- Create, edit, save, and print word-processor documents and spreadsheets.
- Use advanced word-processor functions to create workplace documents.
- Use e-mail to increase work effectiveness.
- Use databases in the workplace.
- Maximize performance by using utility programs.
- Implement effective data-storage techniques.
- Use computer skills to get a job and to get a promotion.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and Microsoft Office 2000 or newer, or any edition of Microsoft Office 2004 (Mac). Software is not included in course fee.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or email@example.com.