Improve your company’s bottom line profitability by mastering the fundamentals of purchasing. Become an indispensable member of your organization by learning key strategic concepts such as supplier partnerships, capital budgeting and green buying. Enhance day-to-day tactical effectiveness by learning about negotiation, supplier sourcing, record keeping, purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Learn the basics of business law, leasing, make-or-buy analysis, outsourcing and supplier visits.
Note: This course will also help you prepare for the internationally-recognized Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) exam offered by the Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM™).
- Learn about how purchasing contributes to an organization and increases bottom-line profitability.
- Discover the elements of the purchasing cycle and how to optimize each element.
- Learn how to expedite and receive orders, perform a make or buy analysis, and use leasing.
- Identify the elements of supplier sourcing and learn how to conduct a supplier visit.
- Discover the power of green buying and learn record keeping and competitive bidding fundamentals.
- Discover the essentials of Six Sigma, total quality management (TQM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to help you assess supplier capabilities.
- Learn about the purpose of budgeting and identify key budgets used in purchasing.
- Discover the essence of supplier partnerships and learn how ethics and politics affect an organization.
Note: This course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), R.E.P. #3213. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating the number of hours of this course, which you can then record with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Please visit www.pmi.org to learn more about Project Management Institute (PMI®)'s credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Add to Cart" button. Please note that you will not be charged at this site. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.