Are you interested in acquiring practical business experience in strategic planning, management, and finance without enrolling in an MBA program? This course is for you! You'll understand the significance of strategic planning and discover how external and internal environmental factors affect an organization. You'll learn about various organizational structures and determine how to use leadership, motivation, and control for maximum impact. You'll master the fundamentals of accounting and increase your knowledge about key financial terms, cash flow management, financial statements, and cost control. You'll also discover various financial investment models and you'll learn the basics of financial planning and budgeting methods. You'll even understand the basic principles of business law, contracts, and the principal-agency relationship.
- Learn about the significance of strategic planning, and discover how external and internal environmental factors affect an organization.
- Explore organizing principles, and learn of the advantages and disadvantages of several organizational structures.
- Understand the basics of accounting, including the general ledger, the accounting equation, key accounting terms, and the types of accounting.
- Learn how balance sheets, income statements, cash flow management, and financial controls help keep your organization moving in a positive direction.
- Discover a few different financial investment models, and learn about the basics of financial planning.
- Find out the purposes and benefits of budgeting, and see which types of budgeting methods are available.
- Learn how performance measurements are critical to your success and how traditional and progressive performance measurements differ.
- Understand the basics the business law, contracts, and the principal-agency relationship.
- Discover the forms of business organization, and learn about the basics of ethics and organizational politics.
Note: This course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), R.E.P. #3213. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating the number of hours of this course, which you can then record with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Please visit www.pmi.org to learn more about Project Management Institute (PMI®)'s credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.