Gain the skills and knowledge you'll need to prepare for the Certified Administrative Professional exam and begin a rewarding career as an administrative assistant. Discover how economics, accounting, business law, organizational behavior, and management affect administrative assistant responsibilities and activities. Determine how the world economy can affect an enterprise, learn the basics of accounting, including the general ledger and key accounting terms, and see how financial statements and controls help keep your organization moving in a positive direction. This course may help you prepare for the internationally recognized Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) exams offered by the International Association of Administrative Professionals.
Prerequisite: Administrative Assistant Fundamentals (or equivalent experience)
- Understand the basics of accounting including the general ledger, the accounting equation, key accounting terms, and the types of accounting.
- Understand the basics of business law, contracts, and the principal-agency relationship.
- Discover the forms of business organization and learn about the basics of ethics and organizational politics.
- Contrast the difference between motivation and leadership and discover how to increase creativity.
- Learn how marketing differs from sales, how the marketing concept helps a firm succeed, and where marketing came from.
- Find out how to exercise change management smoothly, how to recruit, evaluate, select, and train team members, and deliver meaningful performance evaluations.
This course is part of the Administrative Assistant Certificate.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and completion of Admin. Assistant Fundamentals (or equivalent experience).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.