While it is true that accounting professionals are scarce, those with corporate accounting experience are even more rare. This course will build on the knowledge you gained in the Accounting Fundamentals online course (or another introductory accounting course) to provide you with a solid understanding of corporate accounting practices. In Accounting Fundamentals II, you'll explore such topics as special journals, uncollectible accounts receivable, plant assets, depreciation, notes and interest, accrued revenue and expenses, dividends, retained earnings, and various financial reports for corporations.
Prerequisite: Accounting Fundamentals (or equivalent experience)
- Learn how to account for uncollectible Accounts Receivable.
- Record plant assets and depreciation transactions.
- Calculate, journalize, and post Notes Payable, Notes Receivable, accrued income and accrued expenses.
- Journalize and post adjusting and closing entries, and prepare Post Closing Trial Balance.
- Learn how to make federal tax deposits and prepare year-end tax documents.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, Acrobat Reader, access to a calculator or adding machine, and completion of Accounting Fundamentals (or equivalent experience).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.