Gain the foundation you need to feel at home with Windows 10. You will begin by finding your way around the Windows 10 operating system from Microsoft. Jump into learning about the expanded Start menu, desktop, and system settings. Find out how to personalize your desktop and make your computer truly your own. Students will learn how to manage documents, photos, and folders, and create basic text documents using WordPad.
From finding files and folders, to organizing and editing photos, to navigating the web with the Microsoft Edge browser, to managing files on external drives, you'll learn everything you need to know about getting the most from this operating system. You will even learn the importance of security and how to safeguard your files by keeping your Windows 10 operating system updated and protected.
- Understand how to navigate the operating system.
- Understand how to utilize the Start menu, desktop, and system settings.
- Understand how to customize features of the Windows 10 operating systems, including personalizing your desktop to fit your needs.
- Understand how to use File Explorer to manage your files.
- Understand how to create basic text documents on WordPad.
- Understand how to find and manage files and folders, edit and organize photos, and manage files on an external drive.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer web browser, a PC using Microsoft Windows 10 (software must be installed before the course begins), and the Adobe PDF plug-in (free and simple download you obtain at www.adobe.com/downloads by clicking Get Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader). This course is not suitable for Mac users and does not support tablets and phones.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or email@example.com.