Begin by exploring the new Start screen for Windows 8. Learn how to manage apps and programs on the Start screen and how to customize the Start screen and desktop areas. Be able to find files and folders on your Windows 8 system and create basic text documents using WordPad. You’ll also be able to organize, manage, and edit photos. Finally, understand how to protect your files, update Windows 8, and access the Internet with Windows 8's new Internet Explorer browser.
- Get started with essential skills and terminology and configure the Windows 8 Start screen.
- Discover how to work with text and files.
- Understand your hard drive, libraries, folders, and files with File Explorer.
- Use Windows Live Photo Gallery to acquire, organize, and share photos.
- Master tools and techniques for managing files and folders, including how to delete and restore files.
- Improve your productivity with timesaving tips and tricks.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: A PC (desktop or laptop) using Microsoft Windows 8 (full version for a new PC or Upgrade Version). Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and the Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins (two free and simple downloads you obtain at www.adobe.com/downloads by clicking Get Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader).
Note: This course does not support tablets and phones using Windows 8 RT.
Note: This course is not suitable for Macintosh users.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.