Students will learn step by step how to start decorating their home and will learn how to identify their decorating style and color palett. Learn how to choose colors, fabrics and paint that will help provide a positive atmosphere in your home. Through creating a story board, you will learn how to develop a focal point, arrange furniture and wall hangings, and design window treatments. The class will visit the Decorating Mart fabric store to see the characteristics of quality furniture, pictures and fabrics. A wood floor expert will come to class and teach us about the differences in flooring. Bring pictures of one room in your home and the instructor will provide a free mini consultation before or after the class. For the last class, we will go to one lucky student's home to give decorating ideas. Instructor Jan Britt will show examples of what you have learned in the four week during the home tour.
This class will touch on:
- Color, paint, lighting, furniture, pictures, area rugs/flooring, accessories and much more.
- How to save money when you are selecting fabric
- How to determine furniture quality
- Inexpensive decorating tips to decorate your home
- Color coordination and combinations
- Bedding, fabrics, lining
- When and where to use Window Treatments
- Wall paper trends
- Wood flooring facts
Come and have some fun and learn how to get started in decorating your own home!