Do you possess excellent observational skills and an analytical mind? If so, a career as a professional investigator may be for you. Professional investigators in Atlanta earn an average of $44,900 a year with the top 10% making $70,480 (Bureau of Labor Statistics). Additionally, professional investigator jobs in Georgia are expected to grow by 17.5% through 2020.
The escalation of crime, lack of law enforcement resources, and the need for internal investigations in litigation and corporate security make this a challenging and expanding field. This enhanced program is taught by a licensed and certified instructor with more than 20 years of investigative management experience. You will learn how to conduct online research, develop leads, locate missing persons, understand crime scene searches, handle domestic and family law investigations, identify insurance fraud, and gain knowledge in retail security as well as undercover and surveillance operations.
Additional topics include case management, rules of evidence, due diligence, criminal and civil law, interviews, interrogations, search and seizure, courthouse searches, laws of arrest, privacy, legal authority and report writing.
This course exceeds the training and licensing requirements set by the Georgia State Board of Private Detective and Security Agencies for those pursuing a private detective agency license.
- Comply with the Georgia State Board of Private Detective and Security Agencies Act
- Explain the investigation industry within the private sector
- Recall the concepts of investigation and related methodology
- Gather evidence related to their investigations
- Conduct interviews of victims, witnesses and suspects
- Write investigative reports
- Produce investigative findings in court
- Apply the learned methodology to a variety of specialized investigations
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent. Complete the Basic Skills Assessment and submit the Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to computer and Internet are required.
The Basic Skills Assessment & Program Application are located online. Click here for the Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application instructions.