- Write HTML and CSS using Dreamweaver
- Construct a responsive site using Bootstrap
- Apply basic PHP programming for form handling on a website
- Analyze and select a hosting provider
- Apply testing and debugging methods
- Examine overall principles of Search Engine Optimization
- Implement Google Analytics to review site performance
Students must have working knowledge of computers, especially Windows. Flash drive required. Students are strongly encouraged to also purchase or have access to Adobe® Creative Suite® software in order to practice outside of class. Students will have access to the software in the classroom. It is strongly recommended that you complete the Graphic Web Design Certificate prior to taking this class. If not, students must have a background or experience in design using Photoshop or Illustrator. BlueHost account recommended for later in the class, but not required.
Textbooks are required for this class and can be purchased at the KSU Center bookstore (Hours: Monday - Thursday from 4:00pm - 8:00pm and Saturday from 8:30am - 11:30am).