Are you looking to kickstart your career in the growing field of security? Our CompTIA Security+ Certificate is a great place to start. The CompTIA Security+ certification is a comprehensive, vendor-neutral credential that will help you prepare for a career in securing network services, devices, and traffic. The course will help you build on your knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills needed to implement basic security services on any type of computer network. This course is ideal for entry-level security professionals or for use as a springboard to pursue vendor-specific security certifications, such as the ISSP or CEH. By the end of the course, you will learn the essentials of using security assessment tools, basic cryptography concepts, implementing a public key infrastructure as well as identity and access management controls, implementing a secure network architecture, security appliances, secure network access protocols, and gain the ability to ensure business continuity through risk management and disaster recovery concepts. This course will also help prepare you for the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) certification exam. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast attacks and security controls.
- Use security assessment tools.
- Explain basic cryptography concepts.
- Implement a public key infrastructure.
- Implement identity and access management controls.
- Manage access services and accounts.
- Implement a secure network architecture.
- Install and configure security appliance, wireless, and physical access security.
- Deploy secure host, mobile, and embedded systems.
- Implement secure network access protocols and applications.
- Explain risk management, disaster recovery, secure application development, and organizational security concepts.
Students should have a basic knowledge of Windows computers and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts. 9 months of professional experience working with networks, including configuring security parameters, and completion of our CompTIA A+ or Network+ Certificate is strongly recommended. Access to computer and Internet are required.
Textbook is required on the first day of class.
CompTIA is the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications in the world. The College of Professional Education at Kennesaw State University is a CompTIA Authorized Academy Partner.