Are you looking to kickstart your career in the growing field of networking? Our CompTIA Network+ Certificate is a great place to start. The CompTIA Network+ certification is a comprehensive, vendor-neutral credential that will help you prepare for a career in IT infrastructure including troubleshooting, configuring, maintaining, and managing networks. The course will cover everything from network theory to network implementation and security, making it ideal for entry-level technology professionals or for use as a springboard to pursue vendor-specific networking certifications, such as Cisco CCNA. By the end of the course, you will learn the essentials of the OSI and TCP/IP models, installing and configuring switched, routed, and IP networks, network security, ports and protocols, cabling, WAN technologies, essential cloud and virtualization technologies, remote access methods, and troubleshooting. This course will also help prepare you for the CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) certification exam. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- Explain properties of network traffic.
- Configure switched, IP, and routed networks.
- Configure and monitor ports and protocols.
- Explain network application and storage issues.
- Monitor and troubleshoot networks.
- Identify common network attacks and mitigations.
- Demonstrate how to install and configure security devices.
- Explain authentication and access controls.
- Deploy and troubleshoot cabling solutions.
- Compare and contrast WAN technologies.
- Use remote access methods.
Students should have a basic knowledge of computers and/or some experience working in the field. 9 months of professional experience working with computers is ideal. Completion of our CompTIA A+ Certificate is recommended. Access to computer and Internet outside of class are required.
Textbooks are required on the first day of class.
Special notice: This class will be delivered online. You will need access to an internet connection that remains stable for the duration of the class. Though a chat feature is available, a microphone is preferred. For most productive audio/video participation, a webcam and/or headset are encouraged. All virtual classes will be recorded.
CompTIA is the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications in the world. The College of Professional Education at Kennesaw State University is a CompTIA Authorized Academy Partner.