Have you ever been curious about starting a career in IT, but aren’t sure if it is for you? Our CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ Certificate is a great place to start. CompTIA ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine what information technology career path is right for them. The course will cover all areas of IT foundations, making it ideal for non-technical professionals, managers or executives looking to increase their communication skills with IT professionals, or beginners. By the end of the course, you will learn the essentials of common operating systems, computer hardware, software, security and web browsing best practices, mobile computing, networking, troubleshooting, and database fundamentals. You will also learn how to comprehend programming language categories, set up and install common devices to a PC, and secure a basic wireless network. This course will also prepare you for the CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ certification exam. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Set up a computer workstation and use basic software applications.
- Explain the functions and types of devices used within a computer system.
- Apply basic computer maintenance and support principles.
- Describe principles of software and database development.
- Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the internet.
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks.
Basic working knowledge of computers and access to computer and Internet outside of class are required.
Textbooks are required on the first day of class. A USB thumb drive or external hard disk is required.
CompTIA is the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications in the world. The College of Professional Education at Kennesaw State University is a CompTIA Authorized Academy Partner.