Learn how to create dynamic, interactive Web sites using PHP and a MySQL database server. Find out how to create an interactive Web site, allowing visitors to post and retrieve information provided by you or your site's visitors. During the course, you'll learn how to represent reality, capture data, and run quarries in MySQL database. You'll receive clear, step-by-step, instructions demonstrating how to create a complete Web site capable of dynamically displaying data from a MySQL database, including building an online transaction system.
Prerequisite: HTML & CSS Essentials or equivalent HTML coding experience.
- Employ Data Modeling using a relational approach including E-R diagrams and Normalization to capture information
- Recall how MySQL stores application data, and use the phpMyAdmin tool to create a new MySQL database, tables, data fields, and relationships.
- Construct working SQL statements for simple and intermediate queries
- Use an IDE such as mySQL workbench to construct a set of input forms and output reports
- Recognize PHP programming basics, including variables, arrays, loops, Server Side Includes, and how to incorporate PHP into your HTML Web pages.
- Use SQL and PHP to retrieve data from your MySQL database, and display it in your Web page.