This course is approved for VA Education Benefits.
Companies are falling victim to data breaches at an alarming rate. By 2020, enterprises and governments will fail to protect 75% of sensitive data (Gartner). Become a part of the solution by training to be an asset in this critical industry. Yahoo ranked Information Security as the No. 1 career field with a bright outlook that pays more than $70,000 a year. A professional certificate will give you a competitive edge in this popular field.
Learn to secure information systems while becoming thoroughly familiar with the domains of the CISSP® Common Body of Knowledge (CISSP CBK®). Unlike boot camp courses, this program will teach you the essentials of Information Systems Security while helping prepare you for the CISSP® exam once other exam eligibility requirements are met. Textbook and a flash drive are required at the first class meeting and are available at the KSU Center bookstore. Internet access is also required.
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) is one of the most highly regarded information security certifications available. Visit isc2.org for further information about the CISSP® certification and exam.
- Recognize Security and Risk Management
- Apply Asset Security (Protecting Security of Assets)
- Apply Security Engineering (Engineering and Management of Security)
- Apply Telecommunications and Network Security
- Manage Identity and controlling Access Management
- Analyze Security Assessment and Testing (Designing, Performing, and Analyzing Security Testing
- Apply Security Operations (Foundational Concepts, Investigations, Incident Management, and Disaster Recovery)
- Apply Software Development Security (Understanding, Applying, and Enforcing Software Security)
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent. Complete the Basic Skills Assessment and submit Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to computer and Internet are required.
Students should have a basic understanding of network operations and some familiarity with the domains of the CISSP CBK®.
The Basic Skills Assessment & Program Application are located online. Click here for the Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application instructions.