Please visit https://www.ed2go.com/ksuconed/ to register for this class.
In this professional development course for teachers, you'll get the training you need to start teaching model drawing, the powerful Singapore Math strategy that gives word problems a visual context. Help your students start to enjoy math in a way they may never have before.The secret behind model drawing is that it gives students a concrete, reliable set of seven steps that they can use to solve 80% of the word problems out there. They won't have to memorize 20 different techniques and know when to use which anymore. Instead, they'll learn how to read the problem, determine its variables, draw a unit bar (the visual model), adjust that bar, place the question mark to indicate what they're solving for, do the computation, and write a complete sentence at the end.
- Discover Singapore Math Model Drawing.
- Describe the importance of the model drawing process to learning.
- Demonstrate addition and subtraction word problems using Singapore math.
- Demonstrate multiplication and division word problems using Singapore math.
- Demonstrate fraction, rate, ratio, and percent word problems using Singapore Math.
- Integrate practice word problems into your curriculum.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF.
You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.