Please visit https://www.ed2go.com/ksuconed/ to register for this class.
Human Anatomy and Physiology focuses on the structure and function of the human body. In this course, you'll gain an understanding of basic chemistry, the human cell, and the anatomy of the body's organ systems and the jobs that they do. You'll also learn how our organ systems work together to allow us to process sensations, think, communicate, grow, move, reproduce, and stay alive. In addition, you'll learn about different disorders, recent advances in medicine, and ways to take care of our bodies.
- Understand the importance of chemical reactions and the organization and properties of living organisms.
- Become familiar with the structures and functions of the human cell.
- Learn the role that genes play in the determination of our physical and mental characteristics.
- Get acquainted with the structures and functions of the nervous system.
- Appreciate the complexity and multiple functions of the skeletal system.
- Study the structures and functions of the muscular system.
- Learn about the different structures and functions of the circulatory system.
- Understand how our bodies fight disease, and learn about the structures of the lymphatic system.
"I am a middle school health and physical education teacher, and the course material and supplemental resources will be very helpful for creating meaningful lessons and projects in my classes. Thank you!"
- S. Bargo, Marietta, GA
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.