Please visit https://www.ed2go.com/ksuconed/ to register for this class.
Discover how to use WordPress, the world's most popular Web page publisher, to create and manage dynamic websites and blogs without any technical coding! You'll learn everything you need get started with WordPress.org, from choosing a domain name and a hosting company to installing the software. You'll find out how to use WordPress plug-ins to add a shopping cart, optimize search engine results, and keep your website secure. You'll also get a taste of HTML and CSS so you can customize the site's look and feel. By the end of this course, you'll be able to build a website that can do almost anything!
Please Note: If you don't have prior experience with either the WordPress.com hosted version, the self-hosted WordPress.org, or other Web publishing tools, you should have a strong familiarity with the Internet and very good computer skills. Otherwise, we recommend the introductory course, Creating WordPress Websites Introduction.
- Learn how to get started with WordPress.org by choosing a domain name, finding a host, and installing the software on a hosting company server.
- Discover how WordPress.org themes control your website's look and feel, and learn where to find themes and how to install them.
- Find out how to use HTML and CSS to customize your website, and begin making changes to your WordPress theme.
- Find out how to benefit from pay-per-click and affiliate marketing programs, and learn how to collect money online and set up a shopping cart.
- Learn how to optimize your WordPress.org site for search engines, and discover the best ways to collect and analyze visitor data.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser. The WordPress.org software is free; but in order to use it, you'll need to register a domain name and set up an account with a hosting company for a minimum of three months, at a cost of around $10 per month. We'll show you how to find a host and install the software. You'll need a computer with broadband Internet access, running any recent version of the Windows or Mac operating systems.
You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.