Learn real-world applications for the concepts you learned in Networking Introduction. You'll gain a full understanding of almost every aspect of networking technology, including hot topics such as virtual private networks, security, and Internet connectivity. Completion of this course and its prerequisite should serve as a springboard for a career in computer networking or training for CCNA Certification.
Prerequisite: Networking Introduction (or equivalent experience)
- Learn extensive routing terminology terms and concepts, and understand operational details of routing.
- Obtain an in-depth understanding of IP addressing, address classes, and the functionality of other protocols in the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Understand encryption and how it can be used in public or private networks to secure data and to reliably authenticate users.
- Learn about virtual private networks (VPNs), including the reason they were invented and the way they operate.
- Understand fundamental and operational aspects of the Domain Name System (DNS).
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and a computer equipped with Microsoft Windows 95 or newer.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.