Find out how to market your business on the Internet from an e-commerce expert, even if you have little or no money to spend. In this practical, hands-on course, you'll learn little-understood secrets about the types of businesses that thrive on the Web. Then, you'll discover proven methods that will help you establish an Internet presence and build an online brand identity. You'll even learn several low-cost promotion strategies that you can use to drive visitors to your site, and you'll find out how a media kit can help you earn extra revenue by selling advertising space on your site.
Prerequisite: Designing Effective Websites (or equivalent experience)
- Delve into the world of e-business by learning some new terms and exploring different types of businesses on the Web.
- Develop a plan to build a Web presence by identifying your goals, target audience, and market position.
- Understand the importance of selecting a domain name, and learn how search engines work.
- Learn how to promote your products, services, or Web sites using free or fee-based Internet advertising.
- Learn to use e-mail marketing to drive visitors to your site and increase sales.
"This was an excellent course. I like the way the course is laid out. Ms. Franks does an excellent job of building the information one step at a time. The course has truly helped me to design a workable Internet marketing plan and has given me many ideas on how to improve our Web presence. Keep up the good work!"
- P. Williamson, Marietta, GA
This course is part of the Advanced Web Design & Development Certificate.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer Web browser, and completion of Designing Effective Website (or equivalent experience).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.