Please visit https://www.ed2go.com/ksuconed/ to register for this class.
Want to build an attractive, sophisticated blog or website—without having to learn any special coding? WordPress is the answer you’re looking for! WordPress is the world's most popular website publisher, powering more than 25% of all sites on the Internet. WordPress is an easy-to-use solution that will help you put your site on the Web in far less time than by coding, and at a much lower cost than hiring a professional. In these lessons, you’ll get hands-on experience with this powerful tool as you create your own combination WordPress blog and website. You’ll walk through the process from start to finish, mastering everything from planning your content to picking a theme. For WordPress beginners, there’s no easier way to learn the ropes. By the end of this course, you'll be able to confidently use WordPress to create a blog or a personal, business, or organizational website.
- Discover the basics of WordPress, and begin planning and building a website.
- Find out how to choose and install the right WordPress theme and create a custom navigational menu.
- Create a front page featuring both static and dynamic content; add links to pages, documents, email, and other sites; and repair typos, grammatical errors, and other mistakes.
- Gather accurate statistics, and use them to improve your site; also, use Facebook, Twitter, and other social websites to increase your site’s exposure.
- Build an interactive form, find out about WordPress upgrades, and consider what’s involved in moving to the self-hosted version of WordPress.
This course is part of the Advanced Web Design & Development Certificate
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer Web browser. No software purchase or installation is necessary. You’ll receive instructions for registering for and accessing your free online account at WordPress.com, where your site will be created and hosted. WordPress runs on any Windows operating system from Windows 98 to Windows 7 and on all versions of Mac OS X. No specific knowledge or skills are required, just a general familiarity with the Internet.
You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.