Learn the key concepts of Structured Query Language (SQL) and gain a solid working knowledge of this powerful and universal database programming language. You'll learn the basic structure of relational databases, how to read and write simple and complex SQL statements, and advanced data manipulation techniques.
- Define relational database, and understand how it relates to Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Demonstrate SQL syntax and how to sort and retrieve data in SQL.
- Create and implement calculated fields and functions in SQL.
- Create and implement subqueries.
- Create and use table joins.
- Insert, update, and delete data from tables.
- Design and write queries to create views.
- Maximize database integrity and performance.
View a course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and e-mail. Must be taken on a PC device, a Mac Operating System is not compatible.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Add to Cart" button for the 'Self-Paced' class. This site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. After you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class on Wednesday by 5pm. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.