Take your first steps toward a career as a computer programmer! Using Just BASIC, a free and simple programming language, you'll learn how to create and work with graphical user interfaces, controls, variables, arrays, conditional logic, and loops. You'll even dig into graphics and sound as you master basic programming concepts. In each lesson, you’ll get hands-on practice as you write a working computer-game application. By the end of the course, you’ll have the skills and confidence you need to program in BASIC and design your own custom applications for home, school, or work.
Please Note: This course is not suitable for Macintosh users. No previous programming knowledge or experience is required.
- Become familiar with the history of programming languages, and learn how to download and install Just BASIC.
- Understand the syntax for adding controls to application windows.
- Understand how to use variables and arrays to store and retrieve data in your applications.
- Use conditional logic to create complex applications.
- Learn to build applications that can interact with your computer's file system.
- Explore different types of errors, and learn how to eliminate them from your programs.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and a Windows based PC. This course is not suitable for Macintosh users. No previous programming knowledge or experience is required.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Visit www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.