Help make a difference in the way people live by expanding your expertise in the areas of exercise science, fitness, and behavior modification. This program includes topics to help change the eating habits and behaviors that keep individuals from losing weight, as well as how to incorporate physical activity to improve overall health.
This 30 hour program is a great fit if you are interested in a specialty certification to enhance your work in fitness, nutrition, wellness, human resources, and the allied health professions or if you just want the knowledge to help yourself, family, or friends in the ongoing quest to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Describe the scope of practice for the Health Coach
- Apply effective communication strategies for health coaching, including building rapport and connecting with clients
- Gather important behavioral, health, and lifestyle assessment data from clients
- Explain basic nutrition and digestion and the application of nutrition for weight management
- Describe weight management program design and implementation while staying within the scope of practice
- Recall appropriate lifestyle modification program strategies
- Describe the physiology of obesity
- Recognize considerations for specialized population groups and appropriate exercise modifications
- Describe the legal, professional, and ethical responsibilities of a Health Coach
Prerequisite: High School Diploma or equivalency. Complete Skills Assessment and submit Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to computer and Internet are required.
Skills Assessment & Program Application are located online. Click for instructions. You will be directed to the program application after completing the Skills Assessment.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org