If you want to design professional-quality Web sites, this is the class for you! In these step-by-step lessons, you'll build an in-class Web site using Adobe Dreamweaver - and in the process, you’ll discover how to plan a Web site from the ground up. You'll work alongside an industry professional as you master skills ranging from using Cascading Style Sheets to creating standards-compliant pages. You’ll examine site planning strategies, learn principles of good Web design, and explore Dreamweaver's best practices for maintaining Web sites once they're online. By the time you’re done, you’ll be using this powerful software tool with skill and confidence.
Prerequisite: Creating Web Pages and CSS3 and HTML5 Introduction, or similar coding experience is required prior to taking this course.
- Tour the Dreamweaver workspace, and learn the location and function of the program's primary tools.
- Learn how to set up Dreamweaver for basic site management.
- Learn how to work with image files in Dreamweaver's WYSIWYG environment.
- Examine the inner workings of online forms and Dreamweaver's tools for setting them up.
- Gain an understanding of and an appreciation for the planning required to create a successful Web site.
This course is part of the Web Design Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and Adobe Dreamweaver CS6. Software is not included in course fee.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.