Learn how to create exciting, interactive, and professional Web sites with ASP.NET. In this hands-on course, you'll begin by adding the power of interactive controls to your Web pages, and you'll discover how you can use style sheets to give every Web page you create the same clean and consistent look and feel. You'll find out how to connect to a database and put the information it contains on public display. Then, you'll develop a true community-based Web site that allows users to register, log in, create and update profiles, and post messages to a forum. You'll also explore the issue of Web security, and learn some simple things you can do to secure your site against some common attacks.
- Discover how a Web server can create and send dynamic files to a browser, install the free ASP.NET tool, and learn a bit of HTML.
- Build a complete Web program that accepts a user's name and prints a friendly message displaying it.
- Create an interactive form that allows users to add items to a list box and to check which item is selected.
- Make a Web site that displays data from a database and lets users modify the data.
- Create a master page and pages that use it, and use a Repeater control to provide links to a details page.
- Begin developing a multipage community Web site.
This course is part of the Advanced Web Design & Development Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, Visual Web Developer 2010 Express Edition and SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition, both available from www.asp.net; Windows XP (with Service Pack 3), Windows Vista (with service Pack 2), or Windows 7, 1 GB RAM or more, 5 GB Free Disk Space.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.