Microsoft Word 2007 is a powerful and popular program, yet most people use only a fraction of its features. In this course, you'll learn Microsoft Word's more advanced features, which can make writing easier, faster, and more fun. You'll discover how to create an index, a list of figures, tables of contents, do desktop publishing, perform a mail merge, and use time-saving macros. By the end of the course, you'll know how to use Word both to save lots of time and to set your creativity free!
Prerequisite: Word 2007 Introduction
- Learn how shortcut keys, macros, and the AutoCorrect feature can save you time while using Microsoft Word.
- Use templates to create customizable documents with identical formatting.
- Insert, modify, and format tables in a document.
- Get acquainted with some of Word's desktop publishing features, such as using text boxes, layering, and aligning objects.
- Use mail merging to quickly and easily personalize form documents such as letters and invoices.
- Create a table of contents, index, and list of figures for a lengthy document, and see how to update these components as your document changes.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and Microsoft Word 2007. Software is not included in course fee. This course is not suitable for Macintosh users.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.