Learn to create spectacular special events with the Event Management and Design Certificate! This program is split up into two modules: Special Event Management and Special Event Design and Decoration. Each module includes multiple units complete with interactive presentations. Corporate events, weddings, parades, festivals, and more are covered. You'll learn about the practicalities of planning events and the dazzle of designing them. From permits to pyrotechnics, this program will teach you how to design, plan, implement, and evaluate special events.
- Understand the five stages of event management: research, design, planning, coordination, and evaluation
- Understand how to manage time effectively
- Learn how to manage human resources and volunteers
- Have insight into hiring vendors, caterers, sound and light technicians, entertainment, and other resources
- Learn how to conduct an event site inspection
- Be knowledgeable about risk-management procedures and tactics
- Learn about the requirements for necessary contracts, permits, and licenses, and how to meet these requirements
- Understand budgeting, pricing, and accounting as they relate to event design
- Be able to apply the principles of design to event decoration and effectively use flowers, fabric, lighting, and more
Materials included: Art of the Event, by James C. Monroe, CMP, CSEP and Special Events: A New Generation and the Next Frontier, Sixth Edition by Dr. Joe Goldblatt, CSEP
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 180 days to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion. There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.