The Preston Bailey Fundamentals of Floral Design program is an opportunity for students to learn the fundamentals of floral design from Preston Bailey, the industry’s most highly regarded floral design expert.The course is designed for beginners who have no experience with flowers, flower arranging, or floral design. Students learn the tricks that every good professional floral designer depends on. They also gain a strong foundation in the basics, which prepares them for learning the more complex techniques of Preston’s unique floral designs. Students who complete this course also have the unique opportunity to apply for internships with Preston and his team at Preston Bailey Designs. Please view the course syllabus for additional information on the internship.
This course will teach you the following basics:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding and fundamental knowledge of floral design tools
- Understand the purpose for processing and how it affects the outcome and longevity of a floral design
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the methods used to process flowers for design
- Learn the basic fundamentals of purchasing flowers wholesale when preparing for the design of flowers for an event
You will also learn supplemental knowledge, such as how to do the following:
- Recognize each flower and gain knowledge of seasonality and availability
- Identify the most common types of greenery and the details of ordering them wholesale
- Understand and learn the flower and greenery names, geographic locations and blooming seasons
- Understand how selected flowers are designed individually in preparation for a design concept
- Understanding of how to prepare, design, and structure a flower for a design concept
- Understand that floral design encompasses more than flowers
- Identify various materials that fall within the floral design practice
- Identify materials other than flowers that can be used within a floral design concept
- Set up an internship in your local area
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
This program can be taken from either a Mac or a PC. It is compatible with Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers. There are no specific computer requirements other than an Internet connection, e-mail account, Microsoft Word (for assignment submissions), and Windows Media Player, which is available as a free download.
It is recommended that you use the latest version of Internet Explorer in place of other Web browsers. Use of Microsoft Power Point is recommended but not required.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 6 months to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or email@example.com.