Designed for both film and digital photographers, this course is filled with tips and tricks to help you take better photographs. You'll learn the basic technology that all cameras use, and you'll receive helpful information on exposure and lighting. You'll also explore strategies for taking excellent photos in all types of situations, including portraiture, landscape, macro and still life.
- See exceptional photographic opportunities, and compose images that convey those images.
- Discuss the different types of cameras and lenses and their role in photography.
- Understand the relationship between light and photography.
- Explain exposure settings and the situations that require special adjustments.
- Perceive the special needs of children and pets being photographed, and capture these images successfully.
- Demonstrate the techniques for outdoor and travel photography.
- Recognize the special needs for still life and macro photography.
- Understand the features of digital photography and the opportunities it provides traditional photographers with.
"I truly enjoyed the course and have already started taking better pictures. It is nice to be able to better understand my camera and what it can do for me."
- G. Tillery, Woodstock, GA
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.