Rapid growth in the health, legal services, data processing, management, public relations, and other industries have created many new job opportunities for administrative assistants. This course will help you discover and master the essentials of managerial and staff support, information and records management, communications technology, travel and meeting coordination, space planning, and office ergonomics. You'll become an indispensable member of your team by identifying opportunities and implementing solutions to turn your office into a high productivity machine. This course may help you prepare for the internationally recognized Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) exams offered by the International Association of Administrative Professionals.
- Understand the purpose of administrative assistants and learn how these professionals can assist organizations.
- Identify various hardware and software components and learn of their importance in performing various office functions.
- Learn how to plan and support effective meetings, conferences, and business travel.
- Understand the importance of designing and managing policies, procedures, and forms in office operations.
- Learn how to create business documents and enhance writing skills.
- Learn of the role of an administrative in performing research and in improving processes.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.