Continue learning how to work more effectively in AutoCAD in this Intermediate-level class. You will be able to better utilize productivity tools and learn how to work with constraints. Create and organize more advanced blocks and layouts as well as build templates and annotation styles from scratch. Learn how to use zoom commands, external references, QuickCalc, and dimensioning tools for a more complete and advanced drawing.
Textbook is required at the first class meeting and is available at the KSU Center bookstore. Internet access is also required. It is recommended that students have access to the AutoCAD software outside of the classroom.
- Operate the AutoCAD software effectively
- Use accurate positioning and coordinate entry
- Create and organize drawings using blocks and constraints
- Set up advanced layouts
- Create and modify drawings using external references
- Use advanced Annotation and Dimension styles
- Demonstrate how to use advanced productivity tools
Prerequisites: AutoCAD Essentials or equivalent working experience. Students should have a working knowledge of computers.
Skills Assessment & Program Application are located online. Click for instructions. You will be directed to the program application after completing the Skills Assessment.